The bumGenius Original 5.0 One Size Pocket Diaper has made the following changes:
- Updated stay-dry inner fabric that stretches for a secure fit
- Redesigned pocket that is more trim across the back
The bumGenius Original 5.0 One Size Pocket Diaper continues to have these features
- Elastic designed specifically for cloth diapers
- Stay-dry lining that is stretchy and soft that wicks moisture away from baby
- Waterproof outer cover with an insert stopper at the waistline to prevent leaks
- Durable plastic snaps
- 3x3 snap down for size adjustability (approximately 7-35+ pounds)
- Stretchy tabs for trim, snug fit
- Pocket to accommodate inserts for customized absorbency
- Diaper also includes a Newborn insert (can also be used as an overnight booster) and a One-Size insert
The bumGenius Original 5.0 is a true one size pocket diaper that fits babies weighing from 6-8 lbs up to 35+ lbs (they really do without a lot of bulk in the smaller sizes!). With its stretchy tabs, this is one of the easiest, great fitting cloth diapers on the market and can save you TONS of money. Buy only one size instead of three! *Fit is approximate and may vary depending on size & shape of your baby.
Each bumGenius comes with a FREE newborn AND one size Cotton Babies Microfiber Insert (absorbs 15 oz). When your baby outgrows the newborn insert, you can use it as an overnight booster or for extra absorbency for heavy wetters. This is the first pocket diaper with stretchy tabs that is most like disposables. The stretchy tabs help you get a snug fit without being too tight on baby's thighs every time. The soft outer fabric helps keep the diaper trim on a newborn and a toddler. Clothes will fit easily over this cloth diaper!
The super soft suedecloth inner layer wicks the wetness away from baby and into the absorbent insert making your baby feel dry. A special covered pocket design helps to keep the insert off baby's skin and away from clothing. The wide slot opening makes it easy to stuff and remove the insert and the slot cover protects baby from wetness. The great stretchy tabs help ensure a perfect fit easily. Plus, there are cross-over tabs to ensure a perfect fit even on the smallest babies. On a newborn just roll down the front of the diaper to avoid irritation of the umbilical cord area and for an extra-small rise.
The front of the diaper adjusts the rise with a 3x3 snap down design to grow with baby. The leg casings have super stretchy, gentle elastic and are rolled out to avoid red marks and keep poo in (plus back elastic too). The leg elastic is easily replaceable so you can use the diaper for a longer period of time (multiple babies!). The new super soft waterproof outer material keeps this diaper trim on the newborn setting as it is on the toddler setting.
The bumGenius is so easy to use, it is just like a disposable except you wash it!
Manufacturer care instructions for the bumGenius:
- Do not soak cloth diapers
- Wash soiled diapers every other day
- For best results, remove solids from diapers before storing in pail. Fasten tabs to laundry tabs on inside of diaper
- Wash/rinse cold to remove waste
- Wash hot (120 F/60 C) to clean diapers. Complete a second rinse to remove detergent residue
- Line dry covers, tumble dry inserts on normal heat
- Once per month, optionally use up to 1/4 cup bleach in the hot water (step 5) to sanitize diapers and fight odors.
- Use additive-free detergent. No perfumes, dyes, whiteners, brighteners, softeners, enzymes or other fabric enhancers. (*Top loaders - use 1/2 manufacturer's recommended amount of detergent. Front loaders - use 1/4 manufacturer's recommended amount of detergnt. Read the detergent label and measure!)
- Use only detergent and water. Do not use laundry additives (including vinegar, baking soda, and fabric softeners)
Diaper made in USA of domestic and imported materials. Insert made in China.Each bumGenius 5.0 Pocket Diapers comes with 2 Free Inserts - a one-size insert (holds up to 15 oz!) and a newborn insert.
U.S. Pat. 7,629,501; 8,777,915; 8,062,276; 8,518,007. Other U.S. and International patents pending.